August 11, 2009

The Power of Facebook

A long-lost friend managed to find me on facebook. Akma, Suraya and I were best friends in back in standard 4&5. Unfortunately she had to follow her family and move to Seremban. So the distance separated us. I remembered Suraya and I cried so hard the day she left our school.

We did write to each other a few times, but being a 10 year-old back then I didn't really have the sense of staying in touch. Both of us didn't have the privilege to meet up somewhere to hang out. And when I went to boarding school, the friendship was totally lost just like that. Both were busy with our own lives. When I was in secondary school, I did met some ex-classmates occasionally, but not Akma. As I've said, the friendship was lost, separated by distance and time.

Now I admit that facebook is a very powerful network. Akma said that she just hit my name on the search option on facebook and found me (luckily I used my real name). I'm so glad that she found me on facebook. I hope we will have the opportunity to meet up before I leave for Moscow. I'm sure Suraya would want to meet her too.

0 comments: