August 15, 2009

Earrings DIY

I have these chain from a non-glamour, very cheap earrings which I bought 5 years ago. And there is no way I would want to wear that earrings now. So I took out all the other ornaments from the earrings and just leave the chain attach to the hook.



I bought some crystal beads.



And with just basic tools (narrow tip pliers), I made this


When I showed it to my mom, she thought that I bought it and asked me how much I paid for the nice earrings. hahaha...

It was really fun making something I would personally would like to use or wear. But do not assume it's an easy thing to do people. I first thought it was easy, but no! It was very difficult when the beads is tiny. And the hardest thing was to make all the loops the same size. Next time, I'll remind myself not to be so ambitious. All in all, the effort was worth it.

I had extra crystal beads, so I made this simple piece.

0 comments: