August 4, 2009

Poetry Disaster

I wrote this piece yesterday. I saw this one drama and it prompted me to write something out of it. After I was done writing, I read it again for the second time. And I laugh at what I wrote. HAHAHAHA.... the first line made me laugh so hard. How did a toothbrush ended up in my poems??? hahahhaha!!!! Isn't it supposed to be a sad piece, but it brought laughter instead. I showed it to Naza. And he laughed too!! And he was right. This does not sound like a poem, it sounds more like a diary instead.

Just wanna share with you peeps this poetry tragedy of mine. hahaha...


I threw your toothbrush away
And kept your towel today
I need not have to rush using the bathroom
Nor need I have to prepare double breakfast
I was glad not having to share the morning papers

I had the busiest day today
And not even once I thought of you
I had dinner with girlfriends
I went shopping too
And I wasn't worried coming home late

But I came home to a dark house
The driveway was empty
Your car was no where to be seen
With no one to greet me in the doorway
No one to give me a hug
No one to tell me I did great today
No one to kiss me good night
And again tonight, I slept alone.

3/7/09

0 comments: