November 22, 2009

My name is TOO common

There are hundred thousands Amys out there.... My name is just too common. I know that.

Like today, as well as many other times before people would get confused between me and a few other another girls in my university. I get this a lot. People would message or call me and tell me stuff I have no relations to. This happened countless of times before *sigh*

But today was the ultimate. I was woken up at 10AM by an anonymous phone call. Yes, I was still sleeping at 10, since I slept really really late yesterday night (oh wait, not night, early morning...I only get to slept at 4.30AM!!!)
I was so sleepy that I didn't pick up the call, instead I put my phone to silent and went back to sleep. A few moments later there was another call, which I ignored again. And then this fellow called me again!! urghhh... just imagine my frustration... The caller stopped at the 3rd time, thank God..

Then when I finally woke up at 11.30AM, I decided to send a message to the anonymous caller. Thinking maybe it's one of my friends who changed their phone number.

It turned out the caller was some guy who said that he's trying to reach Sharon but he does not have her number....

I was like ...................................... (NOTE : I was still groggy)
And replied "Sharon who?? You mean Sharon 2nd year? Why would you call me? I'm not her roommate. We don't even live in the same hostel."

And he replied saying he might have gotten the wrong Amy's. And asked me what year I am in. When I replied that I'm a 3rd year student. Then he asked me if I'm in group 20.....

Urghhhh........ so I replied the very confused fellow by telling him that group 20 girl is Aimie. And I'm Amy Fareena a 3rd year student. I remembered mentioning that he's a very confused fellow. And with that he stopped asking me any further questions... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
.
.
.
.
Peeps, DO NOT give your child a common name as common as mine.

1 comments:

-mira- said...

OMG! I totally understand how you feel... Too many times have people called me thinking I was Mira from M2...
And these were even *my* close friends... And my parents thought they were giving me a unique name!!