October 18, 2009

Park Pobedy (Victory Park)

This was the place Napoleon waited for the key to the city when his army was surrounding Moscow in 1812

Победа (Pabeda) means victory in Russian. Park Pobedy is a memorial park for the Great Patriotic War. They would have parades on Victory Day, which is some time in May.

Wadie YMed me this afternoon asking if I wanted to go out because he was super bored. According to him his room felt like a mini 'hell'. It seems like he underestimated hell. hahahhahaha...

Anyways, I was only up for shopping today. Since I felt like having Texas Chicken, I suggested that we go to the 3 malls in Tulskaya, which is just 10minutes from my hostel (including the walk to the metro).

As we were having our late lunch, he managed to convince me to say yes to the idea of his. Which is to go for a walk in Park Pobedy. I've never been to Park Pobedy before, but I never thought that place was interesting.

That is the statue on top of the Museum of Victory


Don't you just love the colors of autumn?

Those are actually statues of naked people. hahhaha.. interesting eh? I did took a closeup picture with the statues, but nah, can't post it up here. I don't want to put my 'innocence' to be in jeopardy. HAHAHAHA!!




I love autumn!!



A triangular obelisk, 150 meters high with Nike mounted at the top. Nike is the goddess of victory -->ancient Rome? I don't know...



There were many people from all walks of life enjoying their leisure time. A lot of them were on roller blades, skateboards, bicycles... I in particular, really enjoyed my stroll. As I've said before, I love autumn. And today, the weather was awesome. It wasn't too cold, neither it was too hot.
~I love the cool weather today~

1 comments:

Tun Wadie said...

underestimate d hell huh??hahaha
makcek,send me those pics...nk update gak nih..