October 19, 2009

I hate iTunes for doing this to me!!

iTunes have been asking me if I wanted to download the newest iTunes9 a million times before this...OK, I'm just exaggerating here, a million times would be impossible, but you get what I mean... hahaha... Anyways, I've always ignored those messages because I thought I would never need a new iTunes. I've been using the same version of iTunes for more then 2 years now. But recently I got frustrated because I couldn't share some iTunes file with other users, just because their iTunes version isn't compatible with mine. So I finally decided to change to the new iTunes.

This is how my iTunes looks like after the change!!!

4000+ songs gone!!
200+ videos gone!!
My radio links gone!!
Every playlist gone!! (I had a lot of playlist, for different moods and purposes)

I had a backup playlist saved, but I just don't know what happened. I couldn't restore them. The only things that I could restore was my iTouch applications and podcasts. The rest...... GONE!!

I had to MANUALLY add all the songs and videos back into my iTunes and putting it into its respectful playlist, setting up my Genius playlist & iTunes store etc... And... when I wanted to sync my iPod, it recognizes my new iTunes as a different iTunes player, so my iPod had to erase everything and then sync with the new one. It took me almost 2 hours to put everything back to how it was before, complete with album artwork. The only good that I get was that iTunes automatically search and download all the album artwork that I don't have.

Stupid iTunes!!! Don't get me wrong, I do love iTunes. I've used iTunes for 5 years. So peeps, here's a lesson learned.
DO NOT SIMPLY CHANGE YOUR iTUNES VERSION!
It's so tedious to restore them back again. And it's not worth it, there are not much changes anyway.

2 comments:

RK said...

well, after using iTunes for, yea, more or less, around 5 yrs, i still DO NOT love iTunes. it makes yo life difficult; it doesnt play all types of song formats, it converts them, thus requiring more disc space; it requires u to have a pc/laptop to sync yo music from, thus requiring an iTunes installed in it; it nudges you when u attach yo ipod to another pc, thus an 'unknown' iTunes;
.
ok, dont let me go on, i can go on. :P
.
and last but not least, seems like it freaking makes you go crazy for losing every single playlists and settings watsoever that u have had, EVER SINCE 5YRS AGO (ok, i might have exaggerated that a little bit too much too.lol) jz because u update it??
.
though i have to say, having been obeying iTunes (for years) for making me to download the latest version (and downloading quite freaking big files too) has never precipitated that.
.
ok. i gotta go. tutes. haha. so random. ok, u take care. :)

Amy Fareena said...

dora's right. iTunes is complicated. that's y i've don't have anything that isn't mp3 file. if i have, i'll just convert everything to mp3 before putting into iTunes, and delete the original file. i ingat lg ble bru2 gune itunes. it was so difficult. but now since it's been 5 years, i got used to it.