October 25, 2009

My Kimchi Story..

Everyone knows that I love the Korean world. I love their culture, and most of all, I absolutely love their celebs.. hehehe.. Me and my Korean obsession never ends...

And yeah, I love Korean food too. My favorite is Chapchae+Kimchi & Tteokbokki. So today I made my very first Kimchi.

My Kimchi story is a very messy story hahhaha.. From the moment I start cutting the vegetables to mixing it with the sauce.

~Things flew off the chopping board onto the floor..

~I forgot some ingredients and I had to go watch the video on youtube again...

~I spilled the chili powder...

~I forgot to put in sugar until the very last minute..

~The plastic hand cover tore during my mixing process...and in the end I had to use my bare hands to mix it. Don't worry, my hands were very clean..

~Then I forgot to get a container ready to store the mixed kimchi. I had a hard time getting a container with one clean hands...

~I was disorientated most of the time because there were so many things on the table, and the table was small...

I had to leave the cabbage in salt water overnight

This is how it looks after mixing everything up. Yeah, I know.. I might have gone overboard with the sauce hahhaha.. That amount of sauce is for 2 cabbages, but I only had one. And I was stupid not to cut down on the ingredients for the sauce when I knew I only had one cabbage..

Hahaha.. as I've said before..
My first Kimchi story is a mess



Kimchi on Foodista

4 comments:

aLiaHaNiRoSLy said...

haha! to me it really does look like the real one..nice one there amy, eventhough the making process was a mess..=D..i would love to taste it if im there

faralynda said...

bagus la ko amy.. try masak guna video lagi..
aku still tak pass masak, hehehe..

weyh, nenek ko punya nasi ayam mmg best la, my gemuk pun ckp mcm tu, dalam banyak2 nasi ayam, kat tmpt ko mmg best..

weyh, ajar wat nasi ayam.. mamat ni ske mkn nasi ayam, hehe

Anonymous said...

i have always wanted to try this recipe ever since i first heard of it from a Nintendo DS Game, called Cooking Mama 2. LOL.

it sounds delicious.

Anonymous said...

this recipe sounds delicious. i'm so glad i stumbled upon it. i first heard of it on a Nintendo game called Cooking Mama 2. LOL

thanks for sharing it.