June 4, 2009

One of the worse days of my life


So I had my physiology exam today. I don't know whether it is just my bad luck or I had not studied enough.

First, let me explain how final exams are being conducted in Moscow Medical Academy. OK, so basically they will let us learn a whole lot for 2-4 semesters. And MMA's system being the old-school type of medical studies, in which we study by subjects. And at the end of semesters, we will have final exams for certain subjects. Imagine this, we studied the whole awesomely thick medical text book but we'll only answer around 3-5 questions, which means, we only answer around 10+ subtopics from the whole text book.

The questions comes out in questions cards. And there are around 20-30 or more variant card with different questions. And so students will pick one of the variants prepared. Of course we don't know what variants contains what topic. So here, it depends on luck. If we get a question that we are not very very very well versed in, then we are screwed because we only have 3-5 questions to answer.

And then there is the teacher factor. After answering the questions on paper, we'll have to go to a teacher and answer orally. And here they will ask additional questions, and yes, we will have to answer right there and then. Another one based on luck. Those who get the lenient teachers, are lucky people.

In my case today, I don't really know my 3rd question. And I answered with a teacher who people would normally avoid. I was kinda dissapointed. I wrote 2 whole full pages on digestion, with illustrations. He stoped me in the middle of my explaination and asked other questions. According to seniors, that's normal. If they see we wrote alot on that question, they don't want to hear it because they'll be trying to find what we don't know instead. *sigh*
The result : I passed. But not the result I wanted.

Oh well, I can't really blame it on luck. Maybe I didn't studied enough. This is a way of telling myself that a lot more effort should be put into studying. Now I'm studying for biochemistry. We'll have the exam on the 8th. I am actually already feeling so tired. I pray that Lord gives me strength to push myself over the limit.

1 comments:

"the gossiperz" said...

oops. sabar amy.
i was sad too after the exam.
but the 5 ranges of marks do not show our true knowledge.
only allah know how much we studied n prepared and allah will reward us for it..
hehe. aja2 hwaiti kak amy!