June 20, 2009

My So-called Busy Day : Father's Day Preparation

Since my mom isn't home until in the evening, I decided that I should cook today because I'm a good daughter..I'm praising myself again hahaha...anyway, I cooked sweet sour fish; the Malay version that is (it taste better). I'm sure you all would wonder what is the difference between a Malay sweet sour chicken/fish and a Chinese version. Well basically, the Malay one is more difficult. Well, not to say difficult, because it is not. But Malay style of sweet sour consists of 'tumis'ing the blended onions and chililes. What is tumis in English? I really don't know... Emm... frying? saute? seriously, I don't know. So yeah, it is a bit tedious than the Chinese style where by I'll just have to pour the sauces from bottles. Ususlly whenever I'm lazy, I'll do the Chinese style. Also, I cooked vege+fishball soup. Didn't have the time to do anymore frying. Plus it's more nutritious to eat soup vegatables.

After I've cooked lunch for my parents, I went shopping for Father's Day present. Seriously, it is hard looking for present my dad. It's so easy to find one for my mom. I ended up buying a Bonia watch. Actually I used up all the money that I've put aside to buy myself a new watch, even had to add up a bit more. But it's OK, since I just bought myself a Swatch a few months ago.

The nice looking Bonia for my dearest papa

The nice looking card for my lovely papa

I wrote :

Dearest Papa,
Happy Father's Day!!
I didn't get to celebrate any birthdays, father's days, anniversaries for the past year. So this is a grand celebration to make up for all those I've missed. I know you have said the best present is my success, but once in a while it'd be nice to see my father accessorize in style.. haha...
Hope mama won't be jealous with this grand celebration.


Next task is to get a nice looking cake for my dearest papa. Now I wonder how will I get the cake without my dad knowing that I've planned a celebration for him tomorrow...HHmmm...

I think I'll leave the dinner at a restaurant task to my mom. Since I don't really know any good restaurant around. Althought I've lived here since birth, I don't really know anything around here. hahaha... hey, don't blame me. I lived in hostels away from home since 13 years old ok (haha.. me and my excuses..)

Oh.. I wish my brother is home. He's away at school...

1 comments:

@ziana said...

pandai amy masak..xpenah dlm seumur hidup ni rase amy masak..mesti sedap ek..~~
well, tumis in english called saute..i learn cook western food for my coQ..that's how i knew..hehe
since you are cooking for your parents, i should called u very nice daughter huh~~!