July 1, 2009

Open up the heart and let love in?
















I had a chat with my mom while I was helping her with the cooking today. Yeah, we do the cooking at home. My mom just refuses to trust the maid with all the cooking. The maid takes care of the tedious cleaning which neither of us wants to do. Wait... why am I talking about domestic helpers?? Anyway, as I was saying, I had an interesting chat with my mom.

I told my mom that I'll be going out with my ex-classmates tomorrow. And I mention all my girlfriends' names. It has been like a habit to me to tell my parents especially my mom whom I'm meeting. I guess my parents' parenting skills works on me that until now as an adult i still inform my parents where I'm going, with whom I'm meeting, what time I'll be leaving the house... and I still stick to the 10pm curfew. Well, last time it was 8pm. But since I'm an adult, my parents had to give some leave way, although I know they don't want to.

Then out of no where, I said to my mom : "Ma, I wonder when will you hear that I'm going out with a boyfriend." I meant that as a joke, never thought my mom would take it seriously. My mom replied : "Exactly! Aren't you worried? When you start working as a doctor, you won't have time for dating."

HAHAHAHA... I guess my mom's worried that I've been single for so long and what's more worrying is that I actually like being single. No worries. No responsibilities. No hassle. I don't need to worry about being close with guy friends. And even better, after all those studying, I can laze around, watch as much Korean dramas or variety shows as I want. Life is good...

But then again, my mom was right. I wouldn't have much time to sleep, let alone date during my housemen years. I don't want to end up an old main with nine cats that's for sure. But after my last relationship, I did promise myself that I'll never cry for a guy ever again. Should I finally open my heart and let love in?

0 comments: