July 15, 2009

My Korean Viewing

I've been home a month. Let's count how many Korean dramas I've watched....

Full House (2004)

Imagine, I've seen tonnes and tonnes of Korean dramas before, but I've only watch this 2004 drama last month. They would say that one is not a true Korean drama addict if one has not seen Full House. The reason was that Full House is said to be the favorite, one of the best drama ever. But I beg to differ. I do admit that it's one of the most watched drama of the century but in my opinion, this fact is true 10 years ago. Now, the Korean drama industry has advanced and improved so much. There are less or even none non-logical scenes in recent dramas I've watched.

However so, Full House did gave me laughter and tears. And since Song Hye Kyo played her role very fine and Bi was really cute I think I can rate this as 8.7/10.

1% Of Anything (2003)

HHmmm.. how shall I say this.... It was pretty interesting in the first half episodes of this drama, it was damn hilarious. But then, it gets too... dragging?? In a sense that I can't wait to get to the ending of a 26 episodes long drama. No drama before this has ever made me felt this way.
My ratings : 8/10

Beethoven Virus (2008)

One of the most successful drama. I really like this one. This is not a classic Korean drama we use to watch. You know what I mean; poor girl meets rich guy, they might fight at first, then they'll fall in love after putting aside their differences; and the girl would be the innocent type of girl; usually it involves a 3rd party (ex-bf or ex-gf).. normal classic drama. As I've said, the newer dramas have improved so much. This one particularly is different then the rest. Beethoven Virus is a heart-warming, very inspiring drama. It seemed like a serious kind of drama, but there's lots of funny moments. Jang Geun Seok is the best!!
A one of the best drama I've seen deserves a 9.5/10


Wonderful Life (2005)

It's cute. It's fun. Good-looking actors and actresses. But I don't wish to watch it again. There were way too many coincidence until it made it non-logical. And some of the scenes were TOO dramatic. I have not much to say about this one, so my comments stops here.
Rating : 7/10

Bad Couple (2007)

Another great drama. This drama proves that they don't need really good-looking people to make good dramas. The story line makes perfect sense and the plot is great. Bad couple is an interesting, hilarious, never once I find it dull. This heart-felt drama made me laugh very hard at first, and it made me cry a lot in the end. But I was glad the ending was a happy one.
One drama worth watching would be rated 9/10

0 comments: