July 22, 2009

~Ipoh Mari Mari~

My 3 days and 2 nights trip to Ipoh was awesome. It wasn't much actually, but with great friends, it felt like a splendid holiday.

Anyway, drove there with Pian and Dila. The main attraction there was actually Syarifah haha.. Since she started the semester so early, I only get met her once after I came home. So when Dila ask me if I wanted to tag along, I just said yes in an instant.

Our dear Syarifah : Ipoh's main attraction

The journey was only 2 hours. We arrived at Syarifah's house some time around noon. After a short rest and prayers we all head to Kuala Kangsar. Pian brought us to this one famous old chinese coffee shop. Since Pian went to Malay College Kuala Kangsar, he knew the place really well. The coffee shop was famous with its paus.. OMG... it was the best pau I've ever tasted.

After lunch, Pian brought us to visit MCKK. I was honored to visit such elite school, a school that was an alma mater for many of our great leaders and famous people in the past and present. However so, some parts of the school was a bit scary, well it was an old school after all. According to Pian, the school was a former hospital back in the Japanese occupation days. And he showed us one tree that was a place the Japanese hung people. Scary huh?


The tree where people were sentence to death

The next day (It was a Sunday) we went up to Cameron Highlands. It was just a short visit because we plan to make a trip to Latar Kinjang later that day. Was hoping to spend more time in Cameron Highlands. Oh well, I guess I'll just go again in the future. Owh, and I was lucky I didn't get too dizzy on our way down. I remembered I puked when I went there as a kid. But thanks to Dila's advice, I did not puke.

At some park in Cameron Highlands

Latar Kinjang is a waterfall. Dila and I didn't take a dip anyway. We just took pictures while the rest had fun in the cool water. But I did slipped and fell on my ass while I was crossing some of the slippery rocks. hahhaa...


Latar Kinjang Waterfalls

I was exhausted by the end of the day and slept like a log that night.

On monday, we all went to Lost World of Tambun. It's actually a waterpark/animal safari. Well it was just OK. Had fun on the water rides. They really should built more rides, they have the space.

Now I'm 2 shades darker!! It was really hot when we played in the water. I hope the whitening cream I'm using now works. I just can't go on being this dark.

We all headed home after a late lunch on the same day. I was so tired, I slept the whole way back to Dila's place. Pity Pian, he had to drive while Dila and I doze off. He did said it's OK if we sleep. Pian, being his super nice self. Thanks Pian for driving us all the way.

Although I was tired to the bone, I had so much fun!!

2 comments:

dila said...

i only slept halfway through the journey back!! huhuhu

pian said...

hahaha...ur welcome amy!...thanx for the company!..wuhuuu..