July 9, 2009

My Kelantan Trip

It was a short trip, I wouldn't want to stay any longer anyway. First of all, Kelantan is the last place I wanted to visit actually. I've been to all the states of Penisular Malaysia lots of times except for Kelantan and Terengganu. Mainly because I used to think when a woman step on a Kelantan soil, she is obligated to wear a scarf, which was not true. I did see a few without a scarf. But I guess, when you don't wear one in places such as Kelantan and Terengganu, the rest would look and stare for a while like as if we come from another planet. I was a bit unconfortable with that at first, but my aunt wasn't wearing any scarf either, so I felt a bit OK after that. And of course the fact that we can't speak their dialect, and the way we speak is totally different from theirs.

The only thing I enjoyed doing there is shopping for batik and scarf. All the scarfs there are so pretty, I went crazy buying. And here in KL, it'll cost double or triple the price I paid in Kelantan. The good silk batiks ranges from RM150-RM200. We bought quite a lot of those too. The same kind of batiks in boutiques in KL will cost us maybe RM 300-RM400 a piece, or maybe even more.

Overall, the it was an OK trip, it's just that I wouldn't dream of going there again.

1 comments:

-Azlind- said...

cube tinggal kat area kelantan or terengganu...haha