July 31, 2009

Forgotten Bond of An Old RM1


I needed my birth certificate for something, so I requested it from my parents because they are the ones who had kept my birth cert all this while.

While my dad was going through his brief case where he stores all the important documents for safe keeping, he found an old RM1 that was cut into half kept safe in some plastic cover. And he showed it to my mom. My mom never knew my dad had kept the RM1 which she specifically asked him to throw out. Since the event took place more then 20 years ago, my mom told me the story about that half-old-1 ringgit bill.

It happened that my mom was quite popular back when she was in college. She never knew she had a secret admirer back then. She wasn't interested in it anyway I guess. When my mom was about to marry my dad, she sent a bunch of wedding invitations to some of her old college mates. And a while after that, she received a letter. The letter was from a friend who had secretly admired her back in their college days. He told her all his feelings, and with that letter he included this RM1 that was cut in half. He asked my mom to give it to her 1st daughter. He wrote in the letter saying that he will instruct his son to find the girl with the other half of the bill bearing the same serial number BX 9977788.

My brother and I had a great laugh listening to this story about this old promise made by some man more then 20 years ago. I myself was practically rolling on the floor knowing that some one, some where wanted me as a daughter-in-law, even before I was being born!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! It is just so funny.

0 comments: