March 14, 2010

Stay young and healthy with honey

It's delicious. It's healthy. It's good

I'm sure everybody wants to forever look young and be healthy. Let's try this drink of nature.
All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of honey with hot water. I usually squeeze a bit of lemon into my honey drink.

Honey lemon has been my daily drink for the past month. I fell sick recently, and my cough lasted almost 2 weeks. Although I was talking medicine, my cough wasn't coming to an end. So after having flu and coughing for a week, I tried the honey&lemon drink that my Russian teacher suggested quite sometime ago. And I got better after taking the drink 3 times a day. Well of course it was my body defense that was finally kicking in, but I'm sure the honey and lemon had help my body defense system to come to its senses that there were millions of microbes swimming freely in my blood that needed to be killed.

Anyways, after I got better, my told my mom what I tried. She said our family doctor also suggested the same drink when she couldn't take any antibiotics. And she told me to take honey daily. Honey was the one kept her looking young. She made honey as a sweetener in her milk and tea. And she has been doing so since she was young.
Here's the thing about my mom, she likes to brag to me about how people would always mistaken her to be in her early 40s, when she's already 50. HAHA.. well I do have to admit, my mother does look younger than her actual age.


a steaming cup of honey lemon drink makes me relax after a tiring day


Let's try this drink and make it a habit. But make sure you get the natural honey and not the one that had been mixed with sugar. Unlike natural honey, the honey that has been mixed with sugar will get frozen in the refrigeration. So make sure you buy the right ones OK



note : I don't know how far true about this little honey fact is, but according to many people, we are not advice to use a metal spoon when scooping honey or stirring our drink. There are certain chemical reactions that occurs when honey contacts with metal. I'm not very sure of this fact, but just to be safe, I use a plastic spoon to scoop my honey.

0 comments: