December 26, 2009

Does operating systems exist in Malay?

I got so bored reading microbio. So I played around with my phone and changed my phone's language to Bahasa Melayu. Hilarious stuff! Seriously, I couldn't understand a lot of the terms being used. Of course I do understand the Malay words, but not the terms and what it is for. If it wasn't for the icons, I think it would be difficult to find my way back to the language panel. hahahha!!! For those who have phones bought from Malaysia, and you haven't tried changing the language, do try. Really funny.
Here are some funny terms being used if you set your phone language to Bahasa Melayu.

Butiran memori = Memory details
Peti masuk = Inbox
Folder saya = My folder (hahahhaha... this one is funny!)
Siaran sel
Arahan khidmat = Service command (I think....)
Pilihan menghantar
Buka khidmat dalam talian - ???? hhahaha!!
Mod bersedia - I think this is 'standby mode'
Tukar Paparan menu - I don't even know what this is for hahhaa...

And there's a lot more.
I'm not saying that Malay language is funny.... Hey, that's the language I use everyday. But most of us are so used to using English for phones and computers, somehow it just makes all those terms kinda funny and not so understanable. HAHA!!

I wonder if our computer's operating system exist in Bahasa Melayu.... Damn... that would be so funny... Imagine what would they call the Control Panel? Panel Kawalan??? Or how about Default Programs? I can't even think of a malay term for default program. haha...

Anyways, this is just for fun. Not to disregard my mother tounge or anything =)

1 comments:

wanie hidayat said...

complete ngan recipe...it's like a blog for food...hahaha....