February 15, 2010

A great friend is like a good bra


"a great friend is like a good bra... hard to find, supportive, comfortable, always lifts you up, never lets you down or leaves you hanging and is always close to your heart."

It was a week ago when my best friend Syarifah messaged me asking if I had received any card. A card which should have reached my mail box (which is not exactly a mail box, it's a table where they dump every mail on. I'm living in a hostel, so go figure..haha) 3 weeks ago. Somehow the card reached me today. I wonder it it had gotten lost in the thick Russian snow LOL!!

As I set on my bed, still shivering a little from the cold... just got back from class, I opened the card. Started reading the long message inside.

Tears was already streaming down when I reached the 3rd sentance. And as I read along, flashes of the past replayed in my mind. It was like watching a happy+sad+funny+heartwarming movie. I read it once. And then again. And another time. I think I'll read it again before going to bed today. And the days ahead too.

I had a wonderful life living with my 3 bestest best friend. And the 2 years of my college life was the best moments in the 23 years of my life. I remembered all the fun we had together. All the laughter we had. All the singing, dancing, fooling around. All the new things we tried. I also remembered all the bickerings, the bitching, the misunderstandings..... the bitter part. And if I could turn back in time, I wouldn't change a thing. Even the bitter moments seems like a sweet one. And somewhat a laughing matter now. And because we got through the bitterness together, we became wiser, our friendship grew stronger. We forgave and forget, and we stayed best friends.

At times I felt that destiny has not been on our side. Destiny was what brought us together. But it also broke us apart, seperated us in space and time, even sent me and Dila to different continents! I was the first to leave. And only God knows how hard it was on me when I was all alone, far away from my 3 favorite girls. And how I cried every night, blaming fate and blaming myself. But I grew stronger, wiser, independent, capable.... And I know all of us did.
Now each of us is leading our own different lives, having different sets of new friends, being in different surroundings. But my only hope is that we'll never ever forget each other.

To Syarifah, Dila & Ikha.....
You girls made me who I am today. I love you girls a lot. Missing you girls terribly now.

Let's make a promise that we'll always be in each others' hearts and minds, even just for a second of everyday.



2 comments:

miss artikha said...

amy... i lak yg sedih bc ur blog.huhu.. :( thanx amy. i love u too..serious..i feel the same way as u did. i missed all those precious moments when we were in intec.the best moment eva i had in my life. we will alwiz be friends. i love u gurls.
gambar lame tu..hehe..ms zaman kecik lagi :P

Remy said...

DARN!!!! love tha pics!!! jealousing already!! =p btw! someone's got new blog face!! =)) cheers amy!!