February 9, 2010

3 Guys & 3 Girls. Florence, Jan 24

Left Rome in the morning of 23rd January. Went to terminal to pick up our rental car first. I was kinda sad to leave Rome. I really like Rome and its people. Romans are very welcoming; unlike some places I’ve been.... hehehe... I’m sure those studying with me understands what I’m saying here.
Rome was really nice. And it’s WARM during the day, even in winter!!! Another reason to love Rome. And besides, I like ancient stuff hihihi....

Ms. GPS leading the way

On our way to Florence, we stopped by at some beach. It was beautiful. I couldn't remember the name of the beach tho... all I remember was that we took loads of pictures in a rather short time. hahaha!! This shows that we are great at posing for a camera.


That's Walai by the water. He was the one who rushed out of the car first, and raced towards the water... hahaha....

Why is Ann being shy?? Pose Ann!! Pose!!








Against the shining ray



















He took out a scarf..... and......
Tada~
I left the best picture for last

Italy is a bit weird. There are certain rules that outside cars need to abide by the traffic control rules or something. Since our rental car is registered in Rome, we can't enter Florence’s traffic control zone before 7PM. Therefore we made many pit stops and drove slowly.
Florence was just OK. It wasn’t as interesting as Rome. But I’m sure art lovers would love Florence.

The next day we went walking around Florence's city center.

Piazza del Duomo





Apabila Walai memperkecilkan Eqa....
Eqa : "wa chill je beb...."



Piazza della Signoria
And that is a museum of.... errr.... I can't really remember. But it has got to do with suffering, sorrow, sadness. We didn't go in to see the exhibition. Why would we want to see statues and paintings about something that is horrifyingly scary?
















I've never seen a car this small...



Nikonista

Let's bokeh everybody else and focus on Amy


Ann actually liked that ugly moving 'statue'

The Ponte Vecchio
Apparently, this old bridge that spans the Arno River is very famous in Florence.... hmmmm... why didn't I find it so facinating?



Saw this cute alphabet chu chu train. Exactly like the one we saw in Rome while we were following the tours, but when we went back to buy them after the tour ended, the guy was no where to be seen... Glad that we found these here as well.

Was annoyed by the 2 arab guys who were selling the train thingy. They seemed like they have no idea about doing business. They were so confused about how much was paid, and our balance. We even had to demand our own balance... Notice that I was counting my money, in case they returned me a wrong amount

reflection in the glass

We went to the Mall later that day. The Mall is where they send all the last-season's designer goods and all were being sold at half price. And while Eqa went to get herself a Gucci purse, the boys played with their girfriends...... I mean their Nikons.





Despite all the designer brands in The Mall, I found a Diesel and Miss Sixty store. Somehow a Diesel is a low class brand in Malaysia, and the designs... urghhh... a thumbs down. But in Europe it seems like a good brand and is rather expansive. So I bought myself this...

No way I could find this kind of Diesel boots and this design in Malaysia. So I really do like it.

0 comments: