August 23, 2010

My new pet Catey

My dad found a caterpillar after it has feasted on my mom's potted plant.
This was how my mom's plant looked like before being feasted on by the caterpillar. I'm glad that I took this picture earlier.

And this is how the plant looks now. My mom is gonna flip when she sees what happened to her flowers HAHA!!


My little Catey looking all plump-up after eating the whole plant. And yes, the brown thingy is his poop. HAHAHA.... It was funny the way he discharge waste, unfortunately I didn't get pictures of the process. It was so brief. haha..

So I kept the caterpillar overnight. Thought of taking pictures of him in broad daylight.
And today when I went to check on him, the leaves that I left for him was all crumpled up. I thought it had died. But then I realized he was hiding within the leaves. And his color had change.

Yup... he's actually getting ready to turn into a pupa. I'm keeping him until he turns into a beautiful butterfly. This way I can save him from being eaten by birds.

*But seriously, I don't know Catey's gender. Let's just pretend its a 'he' with a girly name.

2 comments:

::smaku:: said...

amyyyyy cute caterpillar!!!!

Amy Fareena said...

tgk la tuan dia... same tembam.. mesti la the caterpillar cute jugak haha