August 29, 2010

Cookies! Raya is coming~~

My mom and I made cookies today. I almost felt like I'll be celebrating Aidilfitri here in Malaysia. Unfortunately I'm not because I'm forced to go back in 5 days... I feel like crying now. How I wish I could stay for another 2 weeks to celebrate Raya with my family....




I really miss preparing for Raya. I used to grumble every time Raya is approaching because I had to help with all the cleaning and cooking. We can't let the maid do everything can we?
And I'll always end up tired. But to be honest, I miss being dead tired on 'hari bantai' because it makes Aidilfitri a lot more meaningful than just a celebration.

FYI, 'hari bantai' is when everybody would be cooking and cleaning for Raya celebration on the next day. I don't know why it's called 'hari bantai' but that's what my family calls it.

0 comments: