November 3, 2008

The First

I was just cleaning up my external hard disk. Deleting all the unwanted files. Then I stumbled upon a folder named 'New Folder', which means I didn't rename the folder before. To my surprise, the folder contains all the poems I had written long ago. I thought I had lost them along with my laptop. Oh yeah, I did lose my dear laptop at the airport...huhu...long story.. Anyway, I thought I didn't make any copies of the poems. But I actually did...I had actually forgotten about those poems coz' the last one I wrote was half a year ago..hahaha...

This is the first one I wrote. I remembered I was in a dazed when I wrote this one. It was after I broke up with someone. I was in a slump. Before I didn't know that I could write. But there's the thing, I could only create poems when I'm feeling sad or lonely. When I'm happy, no words as such comes into my mind. Weird? I know. I guess it's just a way my heart's trying to mend itself. So the first one is called : Like The Cycle Of Tides.
It wasn't great. But it was the start.

Rise and fall,
Like a wave,
The heart floats and sinks,
Abiding the nature,
The nature of the tides;
She sailed into the open ocean,
Went through harsh storms,
Almost sank ‘till the bottom once,
But great will kept her afloat again;
Until then,
She awaits for another heart,
To come and sweep hey away,
To save her from sinking again,
To sail into a peaceful ocean,
Together towards the sunset.


23/04/06

This was written more then 2 years ago. I was 18 years old. Reading it now, it somehow sounds funny.hahaha... Anyhow, I'm open to comments.

2 comments:

[Nard] said...

nice..so much like amy that i know. never ever let unnecessary thing to disturb her for a long time. yeah!

Amy Fareena said...

hahaha...yeah right nad..i was in a slump for quite sometime tau..but it did made me stronger in the end...i learned a lot through those hard times..hehehe