November 15, 2008

This Emptiness

I am neither deaf
Nor am I blind
But every time I close my eyes
Silence and darkness are my companions
Surrounded by nothing more
Then the sound of my own heart beat
This obscurity impaired me
Searching through this emptiness
Never to find an end
Not even a beginning.

If there is a path
It will lead to somewhere with an end
And definitely there was a beginning
But this emptiness
There is nothing
Only a meaningless existence.

Nothing to hold on to
Nothing to wait for
Nothing to hope
Emptiness
There is nothing.


I can't remember exactly when I wrote this one, but I think it was around a year ago. I wrote this one after watching a Japanese drama about a deaf girl who plays the piano. I was inspired by her and her friends. She was a great pianist until she slowly lost her ability to hear. Her disability broke her spirit. She stop playing. But then she tried again and again, with encouragement from her friends, until she could play again even with deaf ears.

1 comments:

Izyan Izzaty said...

NICE PIECE!!!
*clap2*