October 24, 2008

The Image Of Our High Potential Self

Most people are not well aware of all the potentials that they might have. Of course we will never know what we could achieve in the future or whom we might be. But if we don't explore our own potentials, we don't take risks, we don't try new things; how would we know what potentials we might have within us?

My psychology class this week was about our high potential self. As usual, we had an exercise. And as usual, we sat on a comfy couch in a circle. We had to close our eyes. The exercise begins with us imagining the light of love that we practiced the week before. While still imagining the light of love radiating around us, we had to imagine that we are standing in a very peaceful place. In my mind, I was standing on a beach. The sea breeze was blowing through my hair. I could hear the sound of waves break, the sound of birds in the sky. I could felt the warmth of the sun on my skin. I could smell the salt in the air. It was very peaceful. Then we had to imagine that beside us stood an image of our high potential self and what it did . I had imagine that image was me in a white hospital coat. She just stood there looking at me. And then she held up something in her hand, she nodded at me as if to tell me to take that gift she held in her hands. It turn out to be a stethoscope. I took it and put the earpieces in my ear and I place the resonator to my heart. And I listened the beat of my own heart. It was a strong beat, yet it sounded so peaceful.

Then it came to a funny part. I heard someone snooring (loudly...hahaha). It was so funny, I laughed. I could even imagine that the image of my high potential self was laughing along...It was really funny. So as I lost my focus and I was back in reality, I opened my eyes and saw Mar and Fara (who was sitting opposite of me) laughing. I couldn't help myself and I laughed harder. Oh my...

But nevertheless, I managed to get back the the image. This time I was in an operating theater. In front of me laid a patient with his heart open. Then I felt my feet walking towards my high potential self and I stepped into that image. We became one. And at that moment, I knew who I want to be in the future. And that was the end of the exercise. We all came back to reality and for some others, they woke up from their sleep.hahaha...

Those who have achieved in life always said, success starts with a dream. Let's dream big and reach for the stars. And if we couldn't manage to reach it, at least we'll still be among the clouds. We need to set our goals in our minds and work towards it. Even if can't be sure of what we'll be in the future or if we would achieve our goals, at least, we will know our next step towards that direction. And it is up to us to what kind of future that we will have.

Here's another analogy :
A ship is sailing in the ocean, but it doesn't know which harbour it wants to sail to. Any direction of the wind wouldn't be good for the ship.
If we don't have a goal in life, any urge or effort wouldn't be entirely useful for us.
So, peeps, let's us dream big!!!


With love,
amy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

light of love practice?waaah,that's my name.You had my name in your psychology class!sebenanye maksod name aku dlm bahase arab is light of MY love.hu..
(aku suke bace ko nye blog,memg soul consoler.keep it up amy n thanks =)..)