February 2, 2009

Me loving Korean songs?? So? Piss off!!!

I don't know why many people think that it's weird that I love listening to korean songs. What's wrong with that??? Some people said that there's no point in listening to something that we can't understand. My opinion, that's silly. You don't need to understand a language to enjoy the music. Plus there are always translations all over the internet. Koreans produces great music, whether if it's pop, ballade, r&b, or even rock. Lots of their songs have great melody. You should try listening to some. Really captivating. Some people even make a big fuss that I like korean songs by saying that I don't know where my roots are. So what??? Mind your own business will you. At least it's better then obsessing on Western songs right?

I remembered a few years ago I got a bit mad at my mom because she was watching some Korean or Chinese or Japanese drama on tv. Back then I don't know which one is which. I just thought they all look the same (same skin tone, same 'mata sepet') and spoke a weird eastern language. Anyway, I wanted to watch something else, but couldn't coz' my mom was too into that particular show. So I took my frustrations into hating those kind of tv dramas. I never knew that now I fell in love with those kind of dramas and movies. hahaha... Now, if someone would give me a choice between an english movie or a korean movie, I would prefer korean. hahaha... So yeah, I started watching korean stuff about a year ago. Then of course there's those soundtracks and stuff, so I started liking korean songs. Then I found out about korean boybands. OMG!!! They are DAMN cute..They can sing and dance well too. I used to love Caucasian and Western look, well most people do I guess. But now, I like East Asian look. Now I'm totally 'dasar pandang ke timur' hahaha.... Dr.M must be proud of me...hahhaaha... And oh yeah, I can read korean now, but slowly of course. I understand some simple phrases and words. I'm sure I'll learn more in the future. I just love the language.

So peeps, it's not wrong to listen to something you don't understand. Just enjoy the song.

2 comments:

f_mgh said...

x-ssp ek? my elder sis was there 85-89 (",)

Amy Fareena said...

yes, sir. I'm an ex-ssp'ian. 85-89???wow. I wasn't born yet in 1985 and I was a 2-year-old in 1989.hahaha..