February 17, 2009

Can I Cook?

I made my 1st chicken curry today. And it turned out a success!! It's so easy to cook curry, I don't know why I have never tried cooking curry before. I've always stick to what I know best, which is masak merah or sambal cili, sweet sour chicken/fish, blackpapper chicken, easy pasta dishes...And curry is way easier than ayam masak merah. I used to hate cooking so much because everything will turn out to be a disaster due to my very bad cooking skills..hahaha... I remembered when I was alone at home and my mom went to work, she ask me to cook a very simple dish that she had tought me before. She would be back late that day and wouldn't have anytime to cook. She told me to cook a Chinese dish. Most Chinese dishes are very easy, coz' most dishes uses sauces that comes in bottles. All I need to do is just pour a few kind of sauces from the bottle, mix it well while letting it simmer a bit. Then mix the sauce made with the fried fish/chicken.Voila! Since it looked easy (I'd seen how it was being done befere), I decided that I should try it with confidence. The result......... my fish was burnt one-sidedly, my sauce was TOO salty, some of the chopped garlic in the sauce was also burnt. A DISASTER!!! AHAHAHAHA!!! Luckly I didn't burn down the kitchen as well. I was 18 at that moment. How can an 18-year-old can't cook?? I was really bad at cooking. But after a year away from home, my cooking skills had improved drastically. And I'm proud of myself.. Some friends said my ayam masak merah taste good. And after I cooked for my classmates during a raya celebration dinner, some of them, especially Nadzmi, had been demanding for me to cook for them again.... hahaha...I will if I have the time guys.. but it's gonna get busy very soon. The semester started already. Maybe next raya ok guys... I hope I'll get better in the future. My mom always told me that the way to capture a man's heart is by 'capturing' his tummy first..hahaha...

till then,
amy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

remember when we tried cooking in intec? we added fizzy drink(grape) into our sambal. it turned out to be rather good! i miss those days.
by the way, its syrfh's birthday today. and when i text her just a few hours ago, she was in a train to ipoh.
-dila

"the gossiperz" said...

amy nk mkanan. haha.
nk kari ayam, smlm i makan yg hazrul pny, sedap gile