April 9, 2010

Battle of the races

If you are well aware, arguments between different racial backgrounds has been going on and on for centuries, especially in countries where there are a few main races that make up the major society.

If you are still wondering what I am.... let me enlighten with the fact that I'm 3/4 Chinese and 1/4 Malay. My daddy is Chinese (Baba to be exact) and mommy is Chinese+Malay (who was brought up in a very Malay way).

So anyways, I was on skype with my family back home, when my dad and mom had this tiny 'argument' about whether the Chinese being better than Malays.
Ohh but don't get me wrong here. Of course we are not racist! If my parents are, they wouldn't have been married all these while right? hahaha...
It's just that sometimes, when my dad started having his 'sense of pride' --->as what I like to call it, and my mom starts having the need to defend her own race, it gets really funny.... And my brother and I was laughing all along looking at our parents presenting their statements.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Isn't Malaysia a wonderful place? With different ethnicity that makes us unique..
So the next time you pass by someone with a different racial background, please be generous with your smile.

It doesn't matter whether you are dark skinned or pale.
Eat with hands or a pair of chopsticks.
Have slit eyes or big-wide-beautiful eyes.....
We are ONE

0 comments: